Bad habits are instilled in us all, and procrastinating is one of the worst. Waiting till the last minute to complete any task, not just your IFTA filing, is a difficult habit to break. When you are a part of the Trucking Nation, trucking comes first, so instead of providing you with tips on how to overcome your procrastinating ways, I have some tips to help you file when last minute filing is your only option.
The 2nd Quarter deadline to file your IFTA Return is July 31st. Considering that time frame from now until then, this moment would be considered ‘last minute’. Your best bet to avoid late penalties is to file now or as soon as possible. There are a few options that would best benefit the last-minute IFTA filer: ExpressIFTA.com or TSNAmerica.com.
You should already have all your information needed, you just need a few minutes to complete the form on ExpressIFTA.com
. Here is a brief overview of required information for your IFTA return:
- Your Mileage Log. This can be in the form of manual trip sheets, GPS, or electronic trip sheets. Your mileage log is not only necessary to file your quarterly IFTA return, but you will need it if you are ever audited.
- Your Fuel Receipts. You will need to know how many gallons of fuel were purchased in each state.
Once you have all the required information together, then you need to log into your ExpressIFTA account. Or if you have an ExpressTruckTax account, you can log in and simply select the ‘IFTA’ tab on the top right of your Dashboard page. Your next few steps are pretty easy:
- Enter your mileage and fuel purchases. This information can be entered manually or uploaded form an excel file, or (my favorite option) uploaded directly from your GPS system. The last option saves a lot of time and headache.
- Then you complete your IFTA filing by following the prompts to generate your IFTA return. The ExpressIFTA system will run a diagnostic report to review your return for any errors based on the estimated Miles Per Gallon. Upon completion of your IFTA return, there will be instructions listed on the return of how to transmit it to your base jurisdiction.
If you have any, and I mean ANY, questions along they way, please give us a call. Our USA-based support team can help you find a solution quickly so you can get your 2nd Quarter IFTA Return completed. You can contact us via phone: 704.234.6005 or email: email@example.com
You do have one more option if time is not on your side. We have an amazing sister company – Truck Services of North America
– will be more than happy to assist you. They can handle all your IFTA filing as well as anything else you would need to remain operational. Any type of permit, renewal, UCR, IRP, HVUT 2290, everything under the sun-they can take of it so you can keep on truckin’. You can contact TSNAmerica via phone: 803.386.0320 or 24/7email: support@TSNAmerica.com
2,853 total views, 6 views today