March marks the final month of the 1st IFTA Quarter. The deadline to file your 1st Quarter IFTA return will be Wednesday April 30, 2014. You can start preparing your 1st Quarter IFTA return with ExpressIFTA.
If you are new filing your IFTA return here is some helpful tips to get you prepared for the filing deadline.
What is IFTA?
IFTA is the International Fuel Tax Agreement
and is a tax collection agreement by and among the 48 contiguous States and the 10 Canadian Provinces bordering the US, in which motor-fuels-use taxation laws are uniform with respect to qualified motor vehicles operated in more than one member jurisdiction.
What is required on the IFTA quarterly tax return?
- Total miles, taxable and non-taxable, traveled by the licensee’s qualified motor vehicles in all jurisdictions, IFTA and non-IFTA , including permit miles
- Total gallons of fuel consumed, taxable and non-taxable, by the licensee’s qualified motor vehicles in all jurisdictions, IFTA and non-IFTA;
- Total miles and taxable miles traveled in each member jurisdiction;
- Taxable gallons consumed in each member jurisdiction;
- Tax-paid gallons purchased in each member jurisdiction;
- Current Tax Rates for each member jurisdiction.
To avoid rushing at the last minute, you can start preparing your IFTA return with ExpressIFTA.com. When you’re organizing your trip logs online with ExpressIFTA, the system automatically calculates the amount due based on all of the previous data entered – no complicated tax calculations required.
If you have any questions about filing your IFTA return, call our Express Tax Support Team in Rock Hill, SC at 704.234.6005 between the hours of 8am-6pm EST, Monday – Friday.
2,271 total views, 6 views today