New Year’s Day is one of the best days of the year. Think about it; every year, no matter what has happened, you get a fresh new start on Jan 1st. This year has had its ups and downs, good memories mixed with bad ones, and we get to start all over again. I always think about the New Year as a ReDo button, where I get another chance to enjoy life. But before the new year starts, I do like to put together a final End of Year To Do List to set me up for the best start possible. Now, for a trucker this list would be very different than what your average Joe would need to do. So my dearest Trucking Nation, I have for you a list with a bit of entertainment and a few reminders. To start you off on a positive note all of us here at ExpressIFTA.com would like to give you a big ol’thank you for all your hard work this year.
A Trucker’s End of Year To Do List
1. Make sure your IFTA License has been renewed. If it hasn’t get on the phone with TSNAmerica
quick, fast and in a hurry.
2. Try and find the 2015 IFTA stickers that you set aside in a special place so you won’t forget them.
3. Clean out your cab, I mean really clean. You never know what kind of treasure could be hiding in there.
4. Give your truck, also known as your precious, a good scrub and polish. She wants to start the new year looking her best.
5. Write down a few New Year’s Resolutions. Like, I will swap out burgers for a grilled chicken wrap or salad. Or, When I get stuck in a traffic jam, I will take the opportunity to laugh at the vanity plates people have on their cars. Or, just to laugh more, Why so serious?
6. Get those financial reports ready for tax season.
7. Put together some healthy meal recipes to cook on the road.
8. Give your truck a good inspection to make sure there is nothing wrong with The Precious before you head out on your next trip.
9. Do something special for New Year’s Eve. Watch the ball drop, think about all the places you’ve been this year, just something to celebrate the last day of 2014.
10. Take a deep breath and relax. It’s a whole new year my friend and your going to rock it!
Just remember, every new year is a new start. Make it your own and enjoy life. Don’t forget the 4th Quarter IFTA deadline is February 2nd. I’ll have more info on that coming up in the next blog.
444 total views, 3 views today